Monday, July 20, 2009

Is she "Quilt Worthy"?

Zina and I have had many discussions about which events and types of people are the most "quilt worthy". We understand how much time and effort goes into making these gifts and want to be sure they find the right homes. Our general criteria include: - Will the quilt be put to use and not just stored as a keepsake in a closet? - Does the recipient appreciate something handmade vs. store bought? - Will the recipient be bombarded by other similar gifts or will this be something that stands out? My most recent gift quilt definitely went to a most quilt worthy home. How do I know? Because I recently received this as a thank you for my efforts: Quilt Worthy The blankie being put to use by a little peanut with a huge grin. I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

5 comments:

  1. I feel this way about knitting, too. And the best thank yous for such gifts are photos like the one you received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome quilt, and what a wonderful thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! I once also received a very similar photo as yours - & it warmed my heart. What a little cutie!. . . & what a sweet Mom for the thought of sending the photo & thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt will be complete when it has a baby spit-up stain. Love how the center lines pop with the quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lie on my belly and drool, will you make me a quilt, too?

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!